Friday, July 11, 2014

The Other Side of Montco Radio

By: Rachel Stehman

BLUE BELL, PA--With the help of Matt Porter, Senior Producer and Technical Services Manager, I spoke to three former Montgomery County Community College students whose lives were changed by participating in Montco Radio.

     Kerri Hughes had a lot to say about Montco Radio.  “My experience with Montco Radio has honestly been a life highlight for me.  Meeting new people, gaining new experiences, and really having a focus on what I wanted to do.  Montco Radio gave me something to be proud of and honestly, it meant a lot to me even on a...personal level.

     “To see where Montco Radio has gone [gives] me so much pride. Being the station manager at the time was such a wonderful experience.  Winning Club of the Year and being awarded by the Board of Trustees was due to all the members and mentors: Matt [Porter], Morgan [Betz], Jeff [Asche].  My own work ethic...was molded [into] what it is today because of Montco Radio.”

     Paul Vidas speaks highly of Montco Radio. “Montco Radio was a fantastic experience.  The best part of it was the people.  I got to make connections that will last me a lifetime.  I hosted various shows on Montco radio and I simply adore the connections I made while there.  Through Montco Radio I made lifelong friends.”

     Nick Minnick says, “Montco Radio was instrumental in my career path.  I spent two years at Montco, [from] 2001 [to] 2002.  During that time I was fortunate enough to produce the weekly public affairs show. That experience directly led...to an internship at a local radio station.

     “Fast-forward twelve years and I am a successful Account Manager with 102.9 WMGK!  Without my experiences at Montco, I never would have had the opportunity to get into this field.  And it all started for me because I saw a class that would enable me to work on [in] radio.  I [am grateful] to Montco and my professors...Matt [Porter] and Neil [Goldstein] who helped guide me down this...path [to professional radio].”

No comments:

Post a Comment